A simple and flavorful recipe for roasted potatoes. Addictive, vegan and gluten-free.
Roasted Red Potatoes with Turmeric and Thyme [Vegan]
- 10 to 12 small red potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2 pods garlic, minced
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons freshly snipped thyme
- 1/2 medium sized white onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes to finish
- Clean the potatoes well and cut them in half.
- In a large pot bring some water to boil and add the potatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes in colander.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl toss the potatoes with the turmeric,salt,garlic and the thyme and onions.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes,the potatoes should be lightly crisped and the onions golden.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste and serve immediately.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile