Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Justin Floyd, a proud dog parent from Greenville, South Carolina, recently shared a side-splitting glimpse into his daily struggle to rouse his two German pointer dogs, Remi Jean and Nelli Bean, from their cozy slumber.
In a heartwarming video posted on TikTok, Justin captured the relatable ordeal he faces every morning as he attempts to coax his furry companions out of bed. Remi Jean, at three years old, and Nelli Bean, just one year old, have a profound attachment to the comfort of their human’s bed.
“The idea of leaving is met with some resistance. I have learned just to embrace this daily routine as a charming part of our mornings together,” Floyd told Newsweek, speaking about the daily struggle.
The comical video chronicles the morning drama, beginning at 5:20 a.m. with Justin’s first valiant wake-up attempt. Despite his best efforts, Remi and Nelli remain firmly entrenched in dreamland. As the minutes tick by, their determination to stay in bed remains unwavering, with Nelli even taking cover under the comforter.
By 5:55 a.m., after five futile wake-up attempts, the dogs finally concede defeat. They stretch lazily and yawn, reluctantly leaving the cozy cocoon of the bed.
Justin’s bond with his dogs is undeniable. He revealed, “The dogs go everywhere with me, to the gym, to work, to hang out with friends. They are on the same schedule as me. So, when it’s time to get out of bed, they are equally if not more tired than I am.”
As for his secret to motivating his canine companions to start their day, Justin shared some insights. “I’ve found that speaking to them in an enthusiastic and cheerful tone helps get them excited about starting the day,” he said. “However, there are still days when they decide to hit snooze on the alarm multiple times.”
With a TikTok following exceeding 721,000 followers, Justin Floyd enjoys sharing the delightful antics of his dogs online. “I like to share moments like this on TikTok because it’s not very typical of the breed. German shorthairs are very high-energy and require a lot of exercise. So it’s funny to me seeing them not wanting to get up in the morning.
In the end, Justin’s daily battle to get his dogs out of bed is a humorous reminder that even our most loyal companions have their morning struggles.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Listens to Vet Advice in Viral Video!
- New Study Reveals the Sleep Challenges of Dogs with Dementia
- Sweet Girl Won’t Sleep Until She Tucks Her Dog in
- Sweet Bulldog With a Serious Case of the Mondays Falls Asleep Standing Up (VIDEO)
- Excited Pitbull Puppy Tries Really Hard to Get a Big Sleepy Dog to Play (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!