TikTok user TJ Hoegh is a licensed therapist, and he shared three easy tips that you can try to help improve your mental health.
@tik_tok_counseling Three Tips for Mental Health #fy #fyp #foryou #foryoupage #mentalhealthmatters #tiktoktherapist ♬ original sound – TJ Hoegh
TJ’s first tip is to remember that setting boundaries for yourself is not selfish. Although it may feel uncomfortable at first to put yourself first if you’re not used to it, setting boundaries is very beneficial to your mental health. Boundaries can be defined as rules or limits that someone establishes to protect their security and wellbeing around others. Boundaries are a way to allow yourself permission to focus on yourself and make your safety and comfort a priority without an overshadowing feeling of guilt or shame.
TJ’s second tip is to understand that failure is often a sign of success and not to beat yourself up over mistakes. Failing frequently means you are trying hard. On the contrary, if you are not failing at all, it is often a sign that you’re not aiming high enough in terms of your goals. Setting goals and going after them, regardless of failure, will give you a stronger sense of feeling in control and allow you to decide what success looks and feels like to you.
The third tip is to cultivate a self-love practice. TJ explains that loving yourself is often the best way to love other people as well. Researchers have discovered that practicing self-love is associated with an increase in happiness, greater satisfaction with life, and greater resiliency.
If you’re ready to prioritize your well-being and want to manage your mental health this year, consider implementing these tips into your life and see for yourself how your mood, motivation, and general well-being improves!
If you or someone you know is suicidal or in emotional distress, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Simple Guide to Wim Hof Breathing Method For Improved Health
- From Breathing Techniques to Recommended Plant-Based Foods: Ways to Boost the Health of Your Lungs Today!
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Ease Anxiety Symptoms
- TikTok Hack to Snap Out of Feeling Anxious [Video]
- Stress Less: 6 Ways to Lower Stress When You’re Overwhelmed
- TikTok Tip: Quick Hack to Improve Stress and Anxiety!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.