If you suffer from anxiety, you might want to try out this easy hack. All you need is a rubber band. Dr. Oz explains that all you need to do is wear a rubber band around your wrist, and whenever you feel yourself getting anxious, just lightly snap the rubber band on your wrist. When you do this repeatedly over time, your brain will subconsciously start avoiding the stimulus of anxiety. In other words, you will be shutting down the anxiety you feel and preventing it from happening as frequently. Just be sure not to snap the rubber band on your wrist too hard, as it should be a gentle snap.
This “wristband” technique can help many people control their overall anxiety levels. The small split second of mild pain it causes will help snap you back into reality, so you will be able to identify your negative thoughts and release them. According to Calm Clinic, rubber bands are a great tool and “are nondescript – meaning they’re one of the few anxiety treatments that few others will be able to notice, and they can be done almost anywhere.” Try out this hack if you’re suddenly feeling anxious, and see if it works for you!
- Reduce Stress with Natural, Anxiety Reducing Herbs
- Crushing Climate Anxiety: Here’s How to Feel Better
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Ease Anxiety Symptoms
- Stress Less: 6 Ways to Lower Stress When You’re Overwhelmed
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.