Take the ice cube and hold it in one hand. Close your eyes, and imagine the freezing sensation that you feel in your hand. It might feel too cold at first, but once you relax into it and immerse yourself in the cold sensation, you will start to discover a positive shift in your thoughts. Think about the temperature you feel, the texture of the ice cube, basically try and get as detailed as you can in your mind.
While this may initially seem uncomfortable and pointless, there are quick results that can be experienced. When you are holding something cold, it’s very difficult for you to think about anything other than the cold sensation you feel, therefore distracting your brain from any negative or anxious thoughts you are experiencing.
Dr. Oz explains that rooting yourself in the moment allows the body to naturally calm itself down and eases feelings of anxiety in seconds. You will be able to stop ruminative, racing thoughts that are anxiety-driven. This also gives your mind the necessary time to think more clearly and ask yourself why you are feeling this way.
- Reduce Stress with Natural, Anxiety Reducing Herbs
- 10 of the Worst Foods and Drinks for Anxiety
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Ease Anxiety Symptoms
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.