Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When the rescue team arrived at the spot, they found a Pit Bull peeking out from under the stairs – one, as it soon became obvious, who was also pregnant. The mama-to-be was hiding with another dog under the building. They were both scared and hesitant to trust the newcomers, but hunger drove them out of their hiding place when the rescuers encouraged them with some food. Lured by the treats, the dogs followed them cautiously. When her companion was caught in a trap, the Pit Bull became overwhelmed and returned to her hideout – but, in the end, was rescued as well, and both pups were taken to a hospital.
The dogs survived in their makeshift home for many months by scavenging in a nearby park. Now, they have a much brighter future ahead of them. Sully found a forever home, and now Tooney gave birth to a healthy litter of pups, who found loving families.
To learn more about Hope For Paws and adopt dogs like Tooney and her puppies, click here.
- #AdoptDontShop: 10 Kind-Hearted Celebrities Who Rescued Dogs During the Pandemic
- Family Rescued Dog Who Snuck into Their Home at Night [Video]
- Watching This Rescued Dog, Who Has Never Had a Toy of Her Own, Pick a New Teddy Will Make Everything Okay (VIDEO)
- Cambodian Dog Meat Slaughterhouse Shut Down by Animal Welfare Group; Rescued Dogs Happily Recovering
- Rescued Dog Lost Her Cat BFF, So Now She Helps Foster Kittens! (PHOTOS)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!