One cold night at 3:16 am, strong winds blew open the front door of Jack’s family’s home. A cold dog who had been roaming around on the street snuck inside for warmth.
The next morning, Jack and his wife called animal control, but were unsatisfied by their response and worried about the dog’s fate. They decided to take matters into their own hands and bring the pup, who they had named Suzy, to the vet. Suzy was unchipped, covered in fleas and ticks, and severely underweight. She also had mouth damage and infected paw pads. The poor pup had obviously been through a lot.
Before even bringing Suzy to the vet, Jack’s wife had decided that she could give up the sweet dog and so once they found out that Suzy was unchipped, they adopted her as their own. It took some time for the scared dog to get comfortable in her new home, but now she’s as happy as can be! We’re so happy that this lucky pup wandered into the home of such a kind family and is now getting the love that she deserves!
- Incredible Transformation of Severely Underweight Dog [Video]
- Kind Rescuers Help Dog Learn How to Walk After Spine Injury [Video]
- Kind Veterinarian Eats Along with Abused Dog Who Refuses to Eat [Video]
- Abused Dog Feels Gentle Human Touch for the First Time in His Life (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!