Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The study showed that only 16 percent of the participants considered themselves to be vegan, while 45 percent tried to choose plant-based options when possible. They found that many were looking for plant-based alternatives in food products as well as beverages and skincare. Vegan skincare products have especially come into the light among brit consumers who are looking for plant-based alternatives.
Many participants showed a great interest in plant-based options such as plant milk but had not yet made the plunge as they were scared that it would not taste good, as well as contemplating the price differences.
Milk has especially come into question among British consumers as more and more are becoming aware of the environmental effects of the dairy industry, as well as the ethical questions that come to mind in regard to how dairy cows are treated.
People everywhere are starting to become more and more aware of plant-based alternatives and their benefits. The study showed that 38 percent of participants looked for plant-based alternatives due to environmental concerns. 35 percent of consumers did so because of ethical and animal welfare concerns.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could make up 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020, experts suggest that the plant-based foods market could have a value of over $162 billion by the end of the decade.
- 10 Cruelty-Free Vegan Vitamin C Skincare Products
- 4 Easy Ways to Turn Your Skincare and Beauty Routine Green
- 10 Vegan and Cruelty-Free Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Skincare Products
- The Benefits of Using Organic and Natural Skincare
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!