Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Hope For Paws recently received a call from Mary Chatman, who has reached out to them before about saving other dogs. This time, Mary alerted them about a homeless dog who had been trying to survive for a long time on his own. The Hope for Paws rescue team immediately went out in search of this homeless dog to change his life for the better!
This pup would often hide under cars to shade himself from the hot sun. The rescue team found the dog hiding in this exact spot under a car and went ahead and set up a fence around the car. After many attempts and gentle guidance from the rescue team, the dog named Ziggy finally came out from under the car and into the safety of their care.
Three-year-old Ziggy, being homeless for so long, was not used to having people love and care for him. He was neglected and used to living alone for a prolonged period, so he wasn’t quite sure how to react to people.
Watch Ziggy’s amazing transformation after being taken into the Hope For Paws Center! He behaves so nicely as they shave off his matted coat, and pamper him until he looks and feels good as new!
- Dogfighting Persists—But Here’s How We Can End It
- South Korea to Legally Recognize Animals as Sentient Beings
- A Fearful Puppy’s Transformation
- 9 Times Animals Came to the Rescue of Their Fellow Animal Friends
- After Being Abandoned By the Only Family He Ever Knew, Scared Dog Learns to Trust People Again (VIDEO)
- 10 Heartbreaking Ways Breeders Cause Life-Threatening Harm to Purebred Dogs by Inbreeding
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!