Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A heartwarming video of a pregnant Chihuahua named Tini receiving an ultrasound has captured the hearts of 1.8 million viewers on TikTok. The clip, shared by the dog’s owner under the username @pierinamoralest, showcases Tini’s attentive nature as she watches the vet perform the ultrasound to monitor her pregnancy progress.
In the video, Tini lies comfortably on the table, seeking comfort from her owner’s gaze before focusing on the vet and the ultrasound screen. The father of her puppies is also present, waiting patiently by the table as the examination takes place.
Dog pregnancies typically last for about 62 to 64 days, or roughly two months, according to the American Kennel Club (AKC). Veterinarians can detect a heartbeat by the end of the first month. Diagnostic testing is the most accurate way to determine if a dog is pregnant, but there are signs owners can watch for, such as increased appetite, weight gain, larger nipples, swollen belly, tiredness, nesting behavior, increased affection, and irritability. Some dogs may also experience vomiting and a decrease in appetite during the first few weeks due to hormonal changes.
The touching video quickly gained popularity on TikTok, amassing over 81,000 likes in less than a week. Users left heartfelt comments, with one viewer, Monica Davila, noting the sweet glance Tini gives her owner at the beginning of the video. Another user, Caligirl198, felt that Tini was checking to make sure all her puppies were okay.
User Hxndyy was moved by the father dog’s presence, calling it “so romantic,” while Hanna15mini believed Tini understood what was happening during the ultrasound. Other users expressed well wishes for a safe delivery and even suggested a maternity photoshoot for the expectant mother.
This charming moment serves as a reminder of the special bond between pets and their owners. As Tini’s story continues to touch hearts across social media, we eagerly await news of her puppies’ arrival.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Tiny Chihuahua Loves Being Around Chickens More than Dogs! [Video]
- New Parents of Rescue Chihuahua Work on Getting Wheelchair for Her Paralyzed Back Legs
- He’s Bitter and Loves to Bite: Shelter’s Funny Description of Chihuahua Goes Viral!
- Watch This Chihuahua Adopt Orphaned Squirrels as Her Own! [Video]
- Petition: Ban Woman Who Drowned Her Chihuahua From Owning Any Animals
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!