Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Veterinarian Thomas Hamilton is garnering attention after a video posted to TikTok shows his interaction with an injured dog. Posted to his account @drtom83, the video shows him sitting on the floor with a yellow Labrador Retriever. The vet speaks soothingly to the dog who then repeatedly offers his paw.
This patient wanted to cooperate. Our dewclaw got caught on something and resulted in acute lameness that appears to be getting better. The patient was not licking at the nail and the nail was not fractured. Some rest and non-steroidals and we were on our way! ☺️ #drtom #veterinarian #veterinariansoftiktok #fyp #foryou #dogsoftiktok #dog #dogoftheday #love #patienceformypatients #work #loveforanimals @Clove Shoes @FIGS
It appears as though the injured dog is offering his hurt paw. However, Hamilton can be heard in the background saying “It’s actually the other paw”. Nevertheless, the video delighted viewers. “‘Actually it’s the other one’ the drama!! What a good boy! Commented user Illana Brooks.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Heroic Vet Saves Choking Dog Using External Extraction Technique
- This Video of Rescued Piglets Playing With Their Dog Vet-Nurse is Possibly the Sweetest Thing in the World
- Philadelphia Veterinarians Save Dog’s Life After Suspected Accidental Drug Overdose
- Kind Veterinarian Eats Along with Abused Dog Who Refuses to Eat [Video]
- Viral Video Shows How Vet Builds Trust with Scared Dog
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!