Hope for Paws is an animal rescue group in Los Angeles, California, that specializes in saving abandoned and homeless animals from the streets. When they received the news that a young homeless dog had given birth outdoors during the heaviest rainstorm of the season, the rescue team drove over three hours to save her.
The young mother had built a den in thick brush to protect herself and her litter of eight adorable newborns. With great patience and a handful of treats, these kind rescuers were able to gain the trust of this sweet dog, put a “lucky leash” around her neck, and move her and her puppies to safety.
As the above video shows, the loving mother they named Rainbow is truly grateful for her rescuers and is now wagging her tail with her happy, healthy puppies bouncing all around her.
If you are interested in adopting Rainbow and/or any of her puppies, please contact The Little Red Dog rescue team. If you cannot adopt but would like to contribute to the mission, please consider donating to Hope for Paws. They could not do the miraculous work they do without the help of kind animal lovers like you!
- These Two Dogs Were Rescued After Being Abandoned at a Construction Site in Arizona
- Petition: Demand Investigation into Dog ‘Rescue’ Where Hundreds of Dogs Were Found Abused and Dead
- 32 Out Of 200 Beached Whales in Tasmania Have Been Rescued
- Dog Found Unconscious in the Street is Saved by Rescuers
- This Rescued Baby Bat Eating a Banana With His Feet Might Just be the Best Thing That’s Ever Happened [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
great souls at hope for paws.
Eldad (that\’s his name if I am correct) t\’d his team are amazing. I will not be giving money today but i do want too. To travel in a storm for 3 1/2 hours to rescue her and then have to drive back-that is compassion and dedication. I have seen many of the rescues they do and they are zoo good at what they do.
Bless you and may all the karma come back ten fold. Rainbow appears to be a very sweet and good mom, thank you for giving her and the pups a chance for the life all dogs should have.