Hair care products found in stores or online often contain animal ingredients or have been tested on animals. Not only do many popular cosmetics harm animals, but they are also dangerous to our health. Many beauty and self-care products contain toxic ingredients. This is the case for makeup too, hair products, cleaning products, and everything in between. You can do your research and search for companies that are doing better, but you can save even more money and go natural by making your own!
This Tiktoker shared a DIY dry shampoo that is easy, affordable, and works wonders!
@skysaba game changer for me! #ecofriendly #sustainable #ecodiy #diy #lifehack #eco #lowwaste #zerowaste #lowwastelifestyle ♬ More Than Friends – Aidan Bissett
For this recipe, you will need:
- Arrowroot powder (this is what absorbs the greasy texture from your hair)
- If you have dark hair, add a couple of tablespoons (as needed) of cocoa powder. The dry shampoo will blend right in without leaving a white sheen
- 15 or more drops of any essential oil
- shaker bottle (optional). You can also reuse an old spice container
Mix all ingredients in a shaker bottle and sprinkle on your hair!
For more sustainable hacks, follow Happy Earth Habits on TikTok!
- 7 Reasons Why Reusing and Repurposing is Better than Recycling
- Ultimate Guide to DIY Homemade Natural Beauty Products
- How to Reuse Your Old Clothes and Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Follow These 5 Tips and Live Waste-Free Nearly Every Day
- 8 Awesome Items Easy to Find on the Cheap for Repurposing Projects
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!