Samuel was born at Dick Van Dam Dairy, a factory farm in Southern California, where undercover investigations revealed horrible abuse. Cows were hit, picked up with tractors, and shocked with electric prods, among so many other forms of cruelty. Sterling was rescued from a different dairy farm, where he, too, was unwanted because he is a male. Most male calves are sent to veal farms, where they’re kept in crates so small that they can’t move. However, due to the amazing work of Animal Place, Samuel and Sterling will live out their lives on an open pasture.
This moment of freedom for these two young calves that had been born into such a cruel industry is a beautiful sight to witness. They are overjoyed to run around freely in the field – something they would have never been able to do at a factory farm.
- Horrifying Footage of Southern California Dairy Farm [Video]
- Meet Leigh, the Rescued Veal Calf Who Fell Off a Truck On the Way to a Processing Plant
- Rescued Cows Forrest and Pippi Used to Have a Hard Time Walking, Now Look at Them Run!
- Baby Cow Runs to Greet His Mom After Being Separated for 3 Days – and It’s the Sweetest Thing Ever (VIDEO)
- Heartbreaking Video of Veal Calves Kissing One Another Through Crate Bars Shows Emotional Lives of Cows
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!