Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When you’re done enjoying a candle, instead of tossing the entire thing away, this TikToker shares how to give it a second life!
Pour hot water into the jar and wait for it to cool a little. Once the temperature is cool enough to touch, the wax should either pop up on its own or you can use a spoon to loosen it. Now, simply rinse the jar out with soap and hot water and recycle or reuse it. If the jar has a label that you would like to remove as well, don’t worry! This can be easily removed with mineral oil and hot soapy water. Simply soak the jar in the mixture, and it should peel right off. With your new jar, you can repot succulents, organize office or art supplies, or regift them, the options are truly endless.
While it’s great that we have found ways to break down our waste and create something else (or the same thing) with recycled materials, it still requires a lot of energy. When you’re trying to recycle a glass jar with wax still in it, it will usually still end up in a landfill somewhere. And although there is no great way to recycle candles, there are plenty of ways to reuse them that you can take advantage of. For those of us looking to care for the planet, we need to get back to reusing things. And, when items can’t be reused, we need to find ways to repurpose them.
- 6 Ways to Use Avocado Seeds to Minimize Food Waste
- Love Carrot Bacon? Time to Try Banana Peel Bacon!
- Banana Peel Stir Fry
- 15 Sweet, Vegan, and Super Delicious Banana Recipes!
- Ripe vs. Unripe Bananas: Which are Better for You?
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!