Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
All the cows at Hof Butenland farm sanctuary have been excited about meeting the “new kids on the block.” Bo, a four-year-old Dexter-ox, and Trudy, a 14-year-old Zebu-cow, arrived at the sanctuary after their owner passed away. From the looks of it, they seem content about their new home, wasting no time getting out of the transport van and checking things out. When the newbies met the “gang,” things got interesting!
At 14, you would assume Trudy would just relax and go with the flow … but you would be wrong. Don’t let her age fool you, this petite lady had a lot to say! Every cow that greeted her got a stern talking to. Even with all the chatter, however, Bo had to chime in and give his two cents. The whole scene will have you grinning as it once again shows the social nature of cows and other farm animals.
As you can see, farm animals are not much different from your pets at home. They are affectionate, intelligent, and social animals — they also have their own preferences, dislikes, and personalities! Why love one and eat the other?
Hof Butenland provides rescue and life-long refuge for farm animals who have been saved from slaughter, neglect, exploitation, and abuse. The compassionate team at Hof Butenland works every day to nurture a new respect and way of thinking towards farmed animals.
To learn more or make a donation to Hof Butenland, click here.
- Watch Touching Video of Rescued Cow Basking in the Sun With Human Friend to Smile Uncontrollably (VIDEO)
- 10 Rescued Cows So Adorable You’ll Never Look at Cheese or Steak the Same Way Again
- Rescued Cow and Goose Share a Precious Friendship That Will Make Your Day (VIDEO)
- Rescued Cows Forrest and Pippi Used to Have a Hard Time Walking, Now Look at them Run!
- This Rescued Cow Eating Crackers in Slow Motion Is the Internet’s New Favorite Animal (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!