Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When you think of the term “opposites attract,” we are pretty sure a cow and a goose are not the pair that comes to mind! However, Hof Butenland Farm Sanctuary has documented the blossoming romance between its two adorable residents.
According to the video caption, ever since the charming goose, Amanda, laid eyes on the four-year-old, Lillja the cow, she has been smitten. Hopefully, Amanda learns to give Lillja a little space, and Lillja learns to give the small but mighty goose a chance to win her over.
As you can see, farm animals are not much different from your pets at home. They are affectionate, intelligent, and social animals – they also have their preferences, dislikes, and personalities! Why love one and eat the other?
Hof Butenland provides rescue and life-long refuge for farm animals that have been saved from slaughter, neglect, exploitation, and abuse. The compassionate team at Hof Butenland works every day to nurture new respect and ways of thinking towards farmed animals.
To learn more or make a donation to Hof Butenland, click here.
- Baby Cow Runs to Greet His Mom After Being Separated for 3 Days – and It’s the Sweetest Thing Ever [Video]
- Piglet Who Fell off Truck and Cow Rescued From Dairy Farm Become Each Other’s New Family [Video]
- Twin Cows Tabitha and Titus Worked Together to Escape Slaughter
- Rescued Cow and Pig Cuddle Up in Their Sanctuary Home [Video]
- Cow Refused to Be Taken to the Slaughterhouse. Now, She’s Enjoying Life in a Sanctuary!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!