A Florida man is at the center of a drug trafficking and dogfighting ring that involves the arrest of 20 others and landed him 30 years in federal prison, Associated Press reports.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Florida shared that Jermaine Hadley led a group that was responsible for a dogfighting ring in Northern Florida that involved over 100 animals, as well as distributing cocaine and methamphetamine.
Infrared video of the dogfighting ring. Source: Tallahassee Democract
“The abuse of animals for profit is both inhumane and illegal and will be vigorously prosecuted by this office,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Jason R. Coody in a statement.
If you suspect that dogfighting or animal abuse is happening in your area, contact your local authorities or click here for a list of hotlines to report dogfighting rings or abuse. It is up to us to give a voice to these innocent dogs!
Sign this petition to demand that the Help Extract Animals from Red Tape (HEART) Act is passed to help former dogfighting dogs who have been seized during federal dogfighting cases.
- 10 Ways You Can Help End Dog Fighting
- Saved From a Dog Fighting Ring, Cadence the Pit Bull Gets a Second Chance at Life
- Cat Rescued After Escaping from Dogfighting Ring
- This Sweet Dog Was Used as ‘Bait’ to Train Fighting Dogs – But He Never Gave Up Loving People
- Two Kittens Who Were Tied Together and Used as Bait for Dogfighting Get Rescued Just in Time
- 10 Stories of Dogs Rescued from Dog Fighting Rings
- A Look at 367 Former Dog Fighting Dogs One Year After Rescue (VIDEO)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!