These three dogs were rescued from a dumpsite and reunited one year later to recreate an emotional photo from their rescue day.
Cooper, Trixi, and Bruno once lived in a dumpsite on a dirty mattress. The tree could snuggle up to stay warm and comfort one another. However, one day, the three were finally rescued and got ready to find their forever homes.
Unfortunately, the three were separated into different foster homes and began living separate lives. However, one year later, the three pups were ruined for a meetup at their old home.
“Through collaborative efforts, all three were rescued and adopted through different organizations. We recently posted an update on RSR alum Cooper (lab mix), and everyone asked, ‘what happened to the two other dogs?’” Ruff Start Rescue said in a Facebook post. “Cooper’s adoptive family tracked down Trixi and Bruno and they all reunited last weekend. Rescue doesn’t get much sweeter.”
When the pups were rescued, they were able to capture Trixi and Bruno, but Cooper was a little more skittish. He didn’t trust humans but eventually, he gained their trust and was ready to be rescued.
A vet check-up found that each pup would need a leg amputated before they could move on to their forever homes. The three dogs pushed through and are now living their best lives with their new families.
- Over 300 Dogs Rescued From an Illegal Dogfighting Operation in South Carolina’s Largest Bust
- Two Dogs Rescued From War in Ukraine and Given Wheelchairs Are Finally Ready for Forever Home
- 83 Dogs Rescued From Unlivable Conditions and Covered in Feces From Utah Home
- Man Banned From Dog Breeding After 500 Dogs Rescued
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!