Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The age-old rivalry between dogs and mailmen is being beautifully amended in a neighborhood in Baltimore, Maryland, thanks to the crafty efforts of a local mailman. This charming narrative of mutual respect and goodwill was shared by Shayne Brock on her TikTok channel @goth_pack, melting hearts as it went viral.
Brock introduced her followers to Thaddeus, the neighborhood mailman, who has formed a unique bond with her 6-year-old pit bull-Labrador mix, Briggs, and her 2-year-old pug, Gus. What’s unique about this bond? Thaddeus creates handmade bandanas for these adorable canine residents. The video showcasing Briggs and Gus donning Thaddeus’s hand-sewn tartan bandanas has already garnered over 131,000 views.
The tale doesn’t end with these bandanas. Thaddeus’s generous spirit shone again when he gifted an embroidered T-shirt to Brock’s girlfriend, acknowledging her as a ‘Super Dog Mom’. This thoughtful gesture was highly appreciated by the TikTok community, gathering comments such as “This is too pure.”
This story serves as a reminder of the incredible impact small acts of kindness can make in our daily lives and within our communities. If a mailman can take the time to sew bandanas for neighborhood dogs, we can all find ways to contribute positively to our local environment.
- Bo the Bulldog’s ‘Innocent’ Couch Destruction Wins Hearts Online
- Florida Dog Miraculously Survives Alligator Attack
- Can Dogs Really ‘Talk’ Using Buttons? Exploring the Science and Debate
- Delaware Names Rescue Dog Official State Dog
- Petition: Mandate Counseling for Man Who Abused Over 100 Dogs
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!