Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A Boston Terrier named Pokey is going viral for her hilarious performance of an injury. Posted to the TikTok account @petitepokey, a video shows how Pokey pretends to have hurt her leg. The added text reveals she has faked the injury so “Mom will stay home from work.” However, more text overlay gives away her plan, revealing that the Boston Terrier has simply stepped on a leaf.
Although Pokey is a talented actress, her human was not fooled. The video’s caption, which reads “Oh no, the dreaded leaf ‘injury’ She definitely get the Oscar for the most dramatic dog“, reveals this. However, viewers loved the Boston Terrier’s antics. Many revealed that their dogs have come up with similar plots. TikTok user Casey wrote, “Ah yes, mine does this when she hasn’t had attention in 15 seconds.” Another user said “My dog does this all the time. I realized he was a con artist when he started limping on the other foot.”
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Listens to Vet Advice in Viral Video
- Viral Video Shows How Vet Builds Trust with Scared Dog
- Injured Dog Shows Vet “Hurt” Paw
- Hilarious Video Shows Dog’s Epic Tumble
- Dairy Cow Fakes Sleep to Avoid Being Milked in Now Viral TikTok
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!