These muffins are so moist, not overly sweet and very filling. Zucchini is a great veggie to sneak into food without kid-detectives seeing or tasting it. It’s virtually flavorless but yet, so hearty! Give these a go!
Zucchini Banana Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 large bananas (very ripe)
- 1 1/2 cups of grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup almond butter, creamy
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray or line your muffin tins.
- In your stand mixer, add your dry ingredients from oat flour through salt.
- Blend with paddle attachment.
- Prepare your flax egg or egg replacement and allow to congeal.
- Once you've grated your zucchini, add it to a clean towel.
- Over the sink, proceed to ring it out to remove the excess water. The more water you remove the better the recipe will turn out so get to it.
- Then add your "eggs", banana, zucchini, almond butter, syrup and extract to the dry mixture.
- Blend until creamy and well incorporated.
- Carefully spoon into your muffin tins 3/4 of the way filled.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until done. A toothpick inserted and coming out clean in the best way to test.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve or freeze.