This Vietnamese purple yam soup will wow your guests with its delicious flavor and vibrant presentation. Made by blending frozen purple yams with vegetable broth, water, and mushroom seasoning, this soup is fragrant, rich, and creamy. Top it with some vegan ground meat for a hearty garnish that will fill you up and add a nice aesthetic to the dish.
Vietnamese Creamy Purple Yam Soup [Vegan]
- 2 16-ounce packages of frozen grated purple yams, thawed
- Vegan ground meat
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth
- 4-6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons mushroom seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rice paddy herb, roughly chopped
- Cilantro, thinly sliced
- Prepare vegan ground meat as directed, but in a large non-stick pot. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot, bring vegetable broth and water to a boil then add purple yams, mushroom seasoning, salt, and sugar.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 20-25 minutes or until yams are evenly cooked. Stir occasionally and season to taste.
- Serve hot and top with vegan ground meat. Garnish with rice paddy herb and cilantro. Sprinkle with a dash of ground pepper.