This savory noodle soup is chock-full of fresh vegetables and mushrooms, with no short supply of noodles. This ten-minute meal is exactly what you need on chilly days! It can be made spicy to your liking, or seasoned with tamari for some extra umami flavor.
Savory Mushroom and Vegetable Ramen Soup [Vegan]
- 6 ounces ramen noodles
- 4 cups mushroom broth, vegetable broth, or water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beech mushrooms
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1/4 cup grated rainbow carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Steam the broccoli over boiling water and heat a large pan over medium-low heat and add some olive oil.
- Add two diced cloves of garlic and one small shallot to the pan, let them simmer for a bit until they start to become translucent, and then add chopped shiitake and beech mushrooms.
- Let the mushrooms, garlic and shallot cook together for a few minutes, then add a splash of tamari sauce and the baby kale, and let that cook until the kale starts to wilt (1-2 minutes).
- By then the broccoli should be tender, so remove it from the burner and set aside.
- In a pot, bring 4 cups of broth to a boil, and add the ramen noodles. They will slowly start to separate, and you can pull them apart with a fork to help them cook faster.
- When the noodles are cooked, add the broth and noodles to a bowl with the mushrooms, kale, and broccoli.
- Grate some rainbow carrots on top, red chili flakes, a blend of organic seaweed flakes, a pinch of salt, and the juice from 1 lime.