These truffles will steal your heart. The filling has an incredibly rich, creamy flavor that compliments the chocolate coating so well, you'll have to resist eating them all in one sitting. It's a deliciously sweet dessert that tastes absolutely indulgent!
Raw Coconut and Brazil Nut Truffles [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
To Make the Filling:
- Start by adding the brazil nuts to a food processor. Pulse them until they break down into a flour-like consistency. Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until everything is well combined. It’s fine if it’s not a completely smooth mixture, as you do want some lumps from the coconut to come through.
- Once the mixture has reached a wet dough-like consistency, do a taste test, and pop it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes so it can set.
- The mixture should now be firm enough to handle, so line a tray with baking paper and, using your hands, roll out your mixture into balls and place them on the tray. Pop that back into the freezer for a few minutes so you can prep your chocolate shell.
To Make the Chocolate and the Truffles:
- Gently melt the ingredients in a double boiler. Keep stirring until everything is melted and chocolate-y.
- Take out your truffles from the freezer and dip them in the chocolate sauce using a toothpick and place them back on the tray. After you’ve done all of them, sprinkle some shredded coconut on top and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Transfer to an airtight container.