Biting into these doughnuts is an experience you have to have. They are made from oats, almonds, and hidden superfoods like hemp and lucuma, which works with gooey dates to make the doughnuts taste like caramel. If that wasn't already drool-worthy enough, each doughnut is dipped in melted chocolate and then topped with raw pistachios. Yum!
Raw Caramel Pistachio Chocolate Frosted Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate, melted
- Crushed pistachios, for topping
- Blend together oats and almonds until flour forms. Add in dates, maple syrup, hemp seeds, lucuma powder, and water. Blend together until dough forms.
- Remove and roll into doughnuts or press into greased doughnut moulds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and dip in melted chocolate. Top with pistachios.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate sets up, about 15 minutes. Serve.
Store in refrigerator for up to 7 days.