This is a great make-ahead recipe as well and works awesome for a packed lunch or quickly heated up for a snack/dinner. It uses simple ingredients that you probably have at home and substitutions can be made such as spaghetti or udon for soba noodles and you can also use any type of vegetable you want!
Peanut Butter Soba Noodles [Vegan]
- 1 package soba noodles
- 1 head of broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your soba noodles and cook according to package directions. During last 2 minutes of cook time, add broccoli. Drain all
- While noodles are cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients in a pan and whisk until incorporated. You just want it to bubble a little bit to heat through and your sauce is done!
- Combine sauce with noodles and broccoli, using a little bit of the pasta water if you need to thin the sauce
- Peanut Butter