This healthier take on your favorite all-purpose condiment uses cooked beets in place of tomatoes. This ketchup is perfect with roasted veggies, especially sweet potatoes! Plus, it is the most gorgeous shade of purply pink.
Spicy Beet Ketchup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 4 medium to large cooked red beets, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 jalapeño, halved (stem removed)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced into smaller pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all of your ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done cooking, when the beets are fork tender, turn the heat off.
- Let the mixture cool a bit, let's say 15 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a high powered blender and blend on high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon into a glass container with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.