A beautiful couscous dish, packed with Mediterranean flavor, covered with a sweet and creamy red pepper sauce, and topped with veggie pasta. This is (almost) too pretty to eat!
Mediterranean Couscous in Red Pepper Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 celery stalk chopped fine
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut brunoise
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 2 hours, then rinsed and chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of sweet onion cut brunoise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 carrot, peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflowers floret to reach couscous consistency. Transfer to a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Add to the couscous and mix well.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy in a high-speed blender.
- Make spaghettini with the carrot using a spiralizer. Mix with lime juice, salt and chopped coriander. In case you don’t have a spiralizer, you can make fettuccine using a peeler.
- Use a mould to give the couscous a circular shape and top with spaghettini. Splash the plate with some sauce to have a very colorful effect.