When we say this dessert is easy, we mean it. It's no-bake and comes together in less than half an hour, then sets in the fridge or freezer in 1-3 hours (depending on how you want to serve it). If you can boil water and operate a blender, you can make this. Unlike most no-bake vegan desserts, there are no cashews in this. This dessert can be served two delicious ways. If you set it in the freezer it will be like a super rich ice cream, but if you set it in the fridge it will be like velvety mousse. The choice is yours!
Marbled Cheesecake Mousse Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free]
For the mousse:
- 6 cups loosely packed white sweet potato, boiled until soft, 1 cup cooking water reserved
- Cream skimmed from 1 chilled can of full fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- Stevia (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- A few cranks of a salt mill (or a big pinch)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate:
- 3/4 cup chopped vegan chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener
- A little stevia
- A tiny pinch of salt
- Blend all of the mousse ingredients together in a blender until super smooth. Transfer 1/2 of the mixture to a glass or plastic freezer-safe tupperware container with a tight fitting lid (best option if you want this to be like ice cream) or transfer 1/2 of the mixture to nice looking glasses, dividing it between 4-6 of them (if you want it to be like mousse).
- To the remaining 1/2 of the mixture that's still in the blender add the chocolate ingredients: 3/4 cup chopped vegan chocolate or chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of liquid sweetener, a little stevia and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Puree mixture until super smooth.
- If you used glasses: Add the chocolate mixture to the glasses, spooning it in a little at a time while you swirl the two mixtures together with a fork to create a marble look. Places glasses in the fridge to chill for at least 2-3 hours. I don't recommend freezing your glasses as they might break. Enjoy or save for later.
- If you used tupperware: Add the chocolate mixture to the center of the container of the white mixture, then swirl the two mixtures together with a fork or spoon to create a marble pattern. Seal the tupperware container and chill in freezer for at least 1.5 hours. If you freeze for two hours it will be like ice cream, if you transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes after freezing for an hour it will be like mousse. When ready to eat, scoop and serve.
- Sweet Potato