When you need a quick, one-pot dish for dinner, this crispy gnocchi is the way to go. It’s fast and easy to make, packed with healthy veggies, and of course, the crispy pan-fried gnocchi. This dish is delicious, satisfying, and perfect for a wintery day!
Crispy Gnocchi With Mushrooms, Asparagus, and Brussels Sprouts [Vegan]
- 1 package vegan gnocchi
- 1 bag frozen baby Brussels sprouts or fresh
- 12 ounces Cremini or White Button mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan. When the oil is hot, add the gnocchi to the pan, being sure to keep them all separated. Let cook about 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and add brussels sprouts. If they are large Brussel sprouts, halve or quarter them into bite-sized pieces. Cook about 4 minutes on each side, until browned and softened. If using frozen Brussels sprouts, they may need to cook longer on a lower temperature to be sure they are cooked through to the middle, but you can add them directly to the pan with no need to defrost them. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add last tablespoon of oil to pan and add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook about 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are soft and creamy. Meanwhile, if you are using fresh asparagus, steam them for a few minutes to soften them.
- If you are using frozen vegetables, you can add it directly to the pan or defrost first, depending on the water content. When the asparagus is steamed, let cool to the touch and cut them into pieces, keeping the tips on the side. Add the pieces to the pan with the mushrooms and stir.
- Add the gnocchi and the Brussels sprouts back to the pan and let everything heat through. Garnish with the asparagus tips and parsley, if you want.