These chocolate-dipped date balls are a simple, sweet snack that is bite-sized for your convenience. You can take these savory balls with you wherever you go and pop one in your mouth every time your energy starts to wane. The sweetness from the dates combines nicely with the fudgy texture from the nuts, hemp seeds, and almond butter and the chocolate coating ties all the flavors together well.
Chocolate Dipped Date Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup nuts
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 3/4 cup dates (about 10-12)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Add the nuts, hemp seeds, and oats to your food processor and grind them until they break down into a crumble.
- Add the all remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and process them until they take on a dough-like consistency. You may need to add a few splashes of water to get the right texture.
- Take a teaspoon, scoop up the mixture and roll into small balls.
- Melt the chocolate chips on low heat on the stove. Once the chips are completely melted, allow the mixture to cool a bit. Then dip your balls in. You can roll them in the chocolate completely, or just dip them halfway.