I've been missing bread like items lately and finding a commercial brand that is easily accessible OR a bakery nearby that makes vegan and gluten-free breads is not an easy task for most. In comes this chickpea flatbread! This "bread" is slightly dense, but has that great crumbly crunchy texture that I love. We've had it with cabbage rolls, spaghetti and stews. Since it's incredibly easy to change the seasoning in this, the sky is the limit. This one is a garlic-parsley version that goes great with pasta.
Chickpea Flatbread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the water and chickpea flour until well combined. It will be a wetter batter but don't worry, it'll firm up in the oven. Stir in the garlic, parsley and salt.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, pour the batter and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the sides begin to brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.