Finding vegan and gluten-free bread at a grocery store is not an easy task for most. But, why not make your own? In comes this chickpea flatbread! This "bread" is slightly dense, but has a great crumbly crunchy texture that’s great with cabbage rolls, spaghetti, stews, and so much more. This one has garlic and parsley, which pairs wonderfully with pasta, but it's incredibly easy to change the seasoning based on what you are going to eat it with. The sky's the limit with this chickpea flatbread!
Chickpea Flatbread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the water and chickpea flour until well combined. It will be a wetter batter but don't worry, it'll firm up in the oven. Stir in the garlic, parsley and salt.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, pour the batter and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the sides begin to brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.