If you’re looking to explore the world of jackfruit, but are not ready to dive in with using the raw fruit itself or simply love effortless vegan eats that involve minimal everything, you've got to try these buffalo jackfruit tacos. Jackfruit is INCREDIBLE at mimicking the texture of meat and it takes on any flavor you give it!
Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos [Vegan]
- 6 taco shells
- 1 28-ounce can jackfruit in brine
- 1/2-3/4 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup white cabbage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Vegan blue cheese, as desired
- Drain the jackfruit and add to a saucepan with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain, shred with a fork, and throw in a pan with buffalo sauce for 5-7 minutes on medium to high heat. The jackfruit should take on a slightly darker color.
- Remove from heat and dress your tacos with cabbage mix, avocado, and top with blue cheese and chives.