More broccoli salad than quinoa salad but yet another way to jazz up quinoa. The possibilities are endless!
Broccoli Salad With Quinoa, Scallions and Roasted Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 small head broccoli
- 3 small scallions, green and white parts (or 2 big ones)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa (about 1 cup raw quinoa makes 2 cups cooked, save the rest for another recipe!)
- Roast the cashews in a 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes, checking to make sure they don’t burn.
- Slice through the broccoli like you are cutting a head of cabbage, as thinly as you can. Then cut off the longest stems and chop through it to make sure the pieces are small. Steam until bright green, about 1 minute. Drain and run under cold water immediately to stop the cooking.
- Thinly slice the scallions and set aside.
- Whisk the oil and lemon juice into the bottom of a mixing bowl. Drop in the quinoa, cashews, broccoli and scallions. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!