These tasty little black bean and orange breakfast tacos are protein packed, filled with veggies, and super fresh tasting from a hint of freshly squeezed orange juice. If you make the bean filling ahead of time and pre-slice your tomatoes, you will cut preparation time down to under five minutes! The filling is a combination of sweet onions, crimini mushrooms, fresh corn, black beans, and freshly squeezed valencia orange juice. Set in a toasty corn tortilla and topped with fresh arugula and chopped tomatoes these are heavenly. Play with the filling and topping ingredients once you have the structure down. Avocado would be great, as would chopped red pepper. These would make for a lovely brunch as well!
Black Bean and Orange Breakfast Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice (freshly squeezed if possible)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 ripetomato,diced
- 1/2 cup fresh baby arugula (or lettuce)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a skillet with a bit of oil, saute onions, mushrooms, fresh corn, and black beans for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft. Add nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, chili pepper, paprika, and orange juice and mash with a potato masher. Set filling aside in a small bowl.
- Wipe out skillet, add 1 tsp of oil and heat corn tortillas on each side.
- Fill each tortilla with a bit of greens and bean filling. Top with tomatoes and avocado if using. Enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Beans - Black