These Balsamic Caramel Swirl Bars were love at first bite, so I really wanted to share them with you. The bars are thin, a little chewy, and just really good, but it’s the balsamic caramel swirl that steals the show. I adore fruit with balsamic and really balsamic with anything, and the swirl gives these an extra kick!
Balsamic Caramel Swirl Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup baking stevia
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oat flour, stevia, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour into an 8x8 baking tray lined with parchment paper and spread evenly. Set aside.
- To make the caramel, add the dates, water, and balsamic to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the caramel on top of the batter in the baking tray and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack before slicing into 9 bars.