These are GOOD FOR YOU. Your body wants them.
Why? Because they’re full of nutrients and vitamins that will help you live long.
Being “caramel apples”, they clearly consist of an apple being covered in caramel. All I did was change my definition of caramel!
In the raw food world, my caramel is dates, water and spices.
I covered a couple organic apples in that, and chopped up some fresh pecans and threw them on one (I put peanuts on the other). For the final touch, I drizzled on a simple chocolate sauce.
These are way better than your regular caramel apples not ONLY in taste, but also because you feel good after eating them; NOT GUILTY.
Food is love, love is happiness, and happiness depends on health.
I wanted to get a few photos with a bite out of an apple, so I had an excuse to try them =) I took a big, messy, caramel-apple bite… literally stopped chewing and said “oh my god no freaking way” out loud in the kitchen by myself.
I talk to myself a lot.
But with good reason! These taste ridonkulous. And I don’t say ridonkulous, so you know they’re gotta be nuts (no pun intended). Really though – try these out and share them with your loved ones. Everybody will appreciate it. They’re a great Valentines Day present, heeey?
I was noble today and gave mine to Dad after taking a few bites. It took a bit of will power but I HAD to share it with someone, it was so delicious. I only made two, so I’m saving the other one for my brother Greg.
Raw Caramel Apples: makes 2, but you can effortlessly make more
- 2 Apples on skewers (try to get organic!)
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2 Tb melted coconut oil
- Cinnamon, salt & mesquite if you have it
- Water, as needed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2-3 Tb cacao
- 2-3 Tb agave/maple syrup
- 2-3 Tb nut butter
- 3 Tb melted coconut oil
- Blend dates with coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, mesquite and water to get a smooth, thick consistency. You can add more sweetener if you want. Cover the apples completely with the “caramel” and then dip them in the chopped nuts so they stick.
- Then mix the cacao, sweetener of choice, nut butter and coconut oil until smooth. Drizzle it all over the apples and VOILA! Om nom nom.
- In the name of love! Caramel apples