After these brownie stuffed cookies, I mean it this time. I’m done. Really.
I know. It’s so hard being healthy.
Brownie Stuffed Cookies (Vegan/Gluten Free/Grain Free/Paleo/Low Carb)
Makes 4 cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie (1/4 recipe)
Fat: 1.75 grams
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon molasses
- 2 Tablespoons applesauce or mashed banana
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- stevia, to taste (I used 1 packet)
- 2 Amazing Low Carb Brownies or Low Carb Peanut Butter Brownies (assuming you cut the batch into 16 squares), halved
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in vanilla extract, molasses, and applesauce or mashed banana. Add in almond milk one tablespoon at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Sweeten to taste.
- Take a heaping tablespoons of cookie dough and place it on top of one of the halved brownies. Using your fingers, smoosh the dough down around the sides and bottom of the brownie until it is uniformly covered. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat process with the remaining brownies and dough. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until firm and slightly golden. Let cool and devour.
Go ahead. Remember, these are healthy. And calories don’t count in December anyway, right?