Try making this delicious oatmeal with a slow cooker. The wait will be worth it in the morning.
Slow Cooker Vegan Coconut Banana Pecan Coffee Cake Oatmeal
This Recipe is :
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (I used reduced fat finely shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional adds a bigger coconut flavor)
- 1 banana, mashed
- sweeten to taste with your sweetener of choice
- Pecans, chopped – for serving
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add oats, milk, coconut, vanilla and coconut extract. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency. Stir in mashed banana and sweetener. Top with chopped pecans.