Try making this delicious oatmeal with a slow cooker. The wait will be worth it in the morning.
Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Pecan Oatmeal [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Pecan Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (I used reduced fat finely shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional adds a bigger coconut flavor)
- 1 banana, mashed
- sweeten to taste with your sweetener of choice
- Pecans, chopped – for serving
How to Prepare Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Pecan Oatmeal [Vegan]
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add oats, milk, coconut, vanilla and coconut extract. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency. Stir in mashed banana and sweetener. Top with chopped pecans.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.