I had an extra sugar pumpkin in the kitchen and since I only needed one for my raw pumpkin pie, I figured I’d make it into a cheesecake-type thing. This isn’t really like a cheesecake at all, but it gives you an idea of what to expect: a creamy, sweet, slightly tangy slice of heaven. The different is, this recipe contains no dairy, gluten, eggs, or refined ingredients! Just whole, healthy foods to keep you living long and laughing… lusciously?
Pumpkin Cashew Cream Cake With Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup oats or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins or dates
- 2 cups cashews (preferably soaked for 3-4 hours)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sugar pumpkin (about 6 cups) peeled, cubed and deseeded
- To make the crust: pulse the oats or nuts in your food processor until they become crumbs.
- Add the raisins or dates and process until it all sticks together. Press into the bottom of a lined spring form pan and set in the fridge.
- To make the cheesecake: blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender until thick and smooth.
- Spread evenly into your spring form pan (on top of your crust) and put in the fridge for about 24 hours.
- Slice and serve with a chocolate or caramel sauce and perhaps some ice cream.