When Hope for Paws received a call about an injured Pit Bull outside of Los Angeles, they immediately set out to help. Known for their incredible ability to transform formerly abused dogs into loving, exuberant animals, Hope for Paws was certainly the right rescue to call.

Rescuers arrived at the scene to find a female Pit Bull, covered in scrapes and wounds, cowering in an alley. Unlike other dogs that the Hope for Paws team has encountered, she did not run from rescuers but seemed absolutely desperate for their help.

Naming her Cadence, the team was able to get her into their rescue van and back to their vet facility in no time. It didn’t take long for them to judge from her injuries that Cadence had been used as a bait dog in a fighting ring. Bait dogs are often smaller, more docile dogs who are used to train fighting dogs to attack and kill. If Hope for Paws had not stepped in to rescue her, there is no doubt that this sweet dog would not have survived.

Thankfully, Cadence can put these horrific days behind her and start a new life. This happy Pittie is now being cared for by a foster family and is on the look out for a forever family! To learn more about adopting Cadence, click here.

You Won’t Hear About it in the News, but a Vegan Successfully Climbed Mount Everest

Kuntal Feature Image 2

One Look From This Pup Will Inspire You to Act and Stop the Yulin Dog Meat Festival

Yulin dog

Amazing Rescue Team 3D Prints a New Shell for a Tortoise Who Was Injured by a Bush Fire

Tortoise 5

Victory! Activists Halt Dog Meat Trader on Way to Slaughterhouse and Save 200 Dogs!

South Korea Dogs Feature Image

0 comments on “Saved From a Dog Fighting Ring, Cadence the Pit Bull Gets a Second Chance at Life (VIDEO)”

Kris

Oh, Dear God!!!! Dear Lord, please save and heal this poor sweet angel! The excruciating pain she must be in! Please love and watch over her. She\'s safe now and I pray she finds a loving, furever home where ppl bring her happiness and that she has a second chance at a happy, loving life!! Please don\'t let her die. Amen. I\'d like to use this person as bait and have their face look exactly like this sweet baby\'s!!!! This POS deserves nothing but DEATH!!

Rose

Thank Heavens she now as a chance . It just makes me sick to think humans can do this for a defenseless animal that shows u nothing but love.

Rose

I makes me sick to that people would treat her like that they should be I a fight with a dog for there life. I just isn\'t right For the sake of money how horrible

sharkie

When I see stories like this (apart from making me happy that the beautiful dog finally has a chance with nice people) it makes me also extremely mad and I want to hurt the people who can do things like this... like,,, really hurt them!!!

Nadja Jerenec Bull Terrier

i love this story ! ...amazing!

elizabeth shipley

There is a rescue group in New Orleans. They have been featured on pit bulls and paroles now for several seasons. You could search them on line. They are doing a fantastic job of trying to get the animals adopted.

debra

I have a blue male pit that was rescued by my vet and I adopted him he was used as bait. His face was reconstructed and his shoulder was reconstructed and he visited old folks at my moms home she was in. he is very lovable even with the arthritis he has now from his past.

melissa grasso

Pit Bulls are my favorite breed:) I own one and he is the most loving dog, great with people, and kids. People are so ignorant when it comes to being breed racist....go by the dog not the breed...this poor dog. I just dont understand how people could do this:( to one of the most loving breeds out there....

Anna

Hello, I am currently running a fundraiser for pitbulls and other stereotyped breeds. Would you mind sharing the link with your followers? I own a previously abused pitbull and dog fighting is really bad where I live and I want to help. It\'s at teespring.com/bully-pride. Thank you!

Khadijah

Pit bulls can be just as loving caring playful jest like any other dogs. So people you re using the for dog fighting not only need to be put in jail, but need to be ban on having any pet at all even if they want a caged anima. I myself LOVE pit bulls and once when I get one on my own I will be one of the dedicated pit bull owners who pit bull is as loving as it can be.