Here we are in the midst of the season that brings bright and colorful desserts and reason to put fresh fruit in just about anything. Here, I’ve combined strawberries and mango in a light quick bread that is a sensible breakfast or a quick snack. No doubt, this is what an overabundance of strawberries was made for.
This Recipe is :
- 6 oz. strawberries, hulled and cut into ¼-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into ¼-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup soy or coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, stir together the strawberries, mango, yogurt, lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut oil and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the fruit mixture to the flour mixture and stir just to combine. Pour the batter into an oiled loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS