This vegan dish utilizes zucchini to make a healthier version of the classic "ramen" noodle. Made with bok choy, green onions, and mushrooms, this dish is stellar when your stressed or need to wind down.
Zucchini ‘Ramen’ Noodles [Vegan]
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Pacific Foods mushroom broth
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1/2 cup water
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add the bok choy and crushed red pepper flakes into the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until bok choy is mainly wilted.
- Pour in the Pacific Foods mushroom broth and water. Bring to a boil. While boiling, place the miso paste in a bowl. Set aside. Once the broth comes to a boil, ladle out 1/2 cup and pour into the bowl with the miso paste. Using a fork, whisk together until miso paste dissolves. Pour the miso broth back into the saucepan, along with the zucchini noodles.
- Lower the heat to medium, add in the scallions and let zucchini noodles cook for two minutes. Once done, ladle soup into a bowl and enjoy!