Full of protein and vitamins along with a kick of heat, these burgers and summer BBQ are about to become best buddies. This zucchini veggie burger recipe makes the ultimate vegan burger. They are quite easy to make––just combine the ingredients, make patties, and throw them on the grill. Eat them on their own or on a bun! Either way, they’re delicious! With mashed chickpeas, grated zucchini, carrots, and a melange of seasonings, this zucchini veggie burger recipe is amazing. The result is a spicy and healthy vegan burger that holds up on the grill. What more could you ask for…besides seconds?
Zucchini Chickpea Burger [Vegan]
- 2 cups chickpeas, boiled, drained and mashed
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 jalapeño pepper, mashed or chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped or mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix very well with your hands.
- Divide the mix into 8 equal portions.
- Heat your grill or nonstick pan and grease it with cooking spray.
- Now take 1 portion of the mix between palms and form a ball gently. Then carefully press in the middle of the ball between palms to form cutlet/patty shape.
- Now put the patty directly on the grill or nonstick pan and let it cook for few minutes until one side turns brown then flip the patty to the other side and cook again until brown.
- Repeat the same process for all the patties.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite burger buns along with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and cheese and some Caesar salad on the side or as lettuce wraps with some ketchup on the side.
Measure zucchini after grating and squeezing. Make sure to remove seeds if any and squeeze as much as possible. I used indoor electric grill for these patties that had the top cover grill as well so I didn’t have to flip. If you are using nonstick pan for making these patties flip it gently with the help of two flat spatulas or else the patties may break since they will be soft at this time. The patties will stiffen as they cool down. If using oven to bake these patties preheat the oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and these patties in lined cookie sheet and bake for at least 30 minutes or until the patties are brown. If using outdoor grill for BBQ then add some bread crumbs to the burger mix to make a dry consistency for your convenience of grilling. The patties can be refrigerated in an air tight container for a week.