Who said it should be complicated or expensive to eat delicious, healthy, and tummy-friendly food ? This recipe for creamy lentil mushroom sauce with zoodles has only seven ingredients and it’s super quick to throw together. It's the perfect dish for during the week when you're pressed for time, but it's super-delicious in all its simplicity.
Spicy Lentil Mushroom Sauce Over Zucchini Noodles [Vegan]
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or grated
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- White pepper, to taste
- White miso paste, to taste
For the Optional Topping:
- Nutritional yeast
- Lemon juice
- Chili flakes
- Scallion or red onion slices
- Fresh basil
- Sauté the mushrooms and broccoli in water and garlic. Add white pepper, to taste. When softened, add the lentils and heat.
- You can choose if you want the zoodles to be raw or quickly heated in a pan.
- Add the miso at the very last when the sauce is cooked.
- Sprinkle with toppings of your choice and serve.