This healthy vegan yogurt parfait is a great afternoon pick-me-up snack that takes only one bowl and less than 5 minutes to make! Besides its simplicity, you’ll enjoy the perfect creaminess combined with fresh flavor that’ll lift you up! To sum it up, this vegan yogurt parfait is for you, if you want to keep your blood sugar stable and need to mix something up really quickly. Time is not an issue if you have the ingredients, a spoon and a small bowl!
Yogurt Parfait [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5 heaped tablespoons plain vegan yogurt
- 1/2 level tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 level tablespoons carob powder
- 1/2 level tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon cinnamon
- Liquid stevia or xylitol to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Add toppings of choice: unsweetened applesauce, cocoa nibs, chopped nuts, sprouted buckwheat, fresh or frozen berries, some pure blueberry, lingonberry, cranberry, lemon or pomegranate juice.
The final consistency depends greatly on the yogurt you use. If the yogurt contains thickeners and is therefore quite thick, you might want to use less of the powders or add a bit of plant milk for desired consistency. Use any plant-based yogurt you like, i.e. oat, hemp, almond, cashew, pea and even flax! Or make your own oat yogurt. Coconut flour can be substituted with any nut flour or nut/seed-based protein powder. To spice things up, you can make layers of yogurt mix, berries and/or applesauce. Use any sweetener you like such as agave, maple, coconut nectar or sugar, date paste. You can easily take it on the go as well – prepare it when you can and store in sealed Mason jar or a container. Grab it from the fridge and enjoy your afternoon snack wherever you happen to be! You can also add a teaspoon of baobab or rosehip powder for vitamin C. However, should you top the parfait with some wild berry, pomegranate or lemon juice, you’d have it covered. You absolutely don’t need to use clove and nutmeg if you don’t like them.