Here is a take on stuffing that doesn't involve white bread or corn bread. Try stuffing with wild rice to set your Thanksgiving dinner table this year.
Wild Rice Stuffing With Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Wild Rice Stuffing With Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups wild rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried Apricots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, plus more to taste
- 6 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced, about 3/4 cup loosely packed
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
How To Make Wild Rice Stuffing With Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion [Vegan]
- Combine wild rice and 2 1/4 cups of stock, or water, in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a fast simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, apricots, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of warm water. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Sautee scallions and garlic with olive oil, gently, until just wilted, but not browned.
- Drain cranberries and apricots. Thinly slice apricots.
- Combine cooked wild rice, pecans, cranberries, apricots, and scallion and garlic mixture, including all of the infused olive oil in the pan you sauteed them in. Season with a generous pinch of salt. Taste. If needed add more salt, a few drops of vinegar, or a little warm stock if it feels too dry.
- Can be served cold, at room temperature, or warmed in an ovenproof dish tented with foil.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile