Here is a take on stuffing that doesn't involve white bread or corn bread. Try stuffing with wild rice to set your Thanksgiving dinner table this year.
Wild Rice Stuffing With Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Wild Rice Stuffing With Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups wild rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried Apricots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, plus more to taste
- 6 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced, about 3/4 cup loosely packed
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
How to Prepare Wild Rice Stuffing With Cranberry, Apricot, and Scallion [Vegan]
- Combine wild rice and 2 1/4 cups of stock, or water, in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a fast simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, apricots, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of warm water. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Sautee scallions and garlic with olive oil, gently, until just wilted, but not browned.
- Drain cranberries and apricots. Thinly slice apricots.
- Combine cooked wild rice, pecans, cranberries, apricots, and scallion and garlic mixture, including all of the infused olive oil in the pan you sauteed them in. Season with a generous pinch of salt. Taste. If needed add more salt, a few drops of vinegar, or a little warm stock if it feels too dry.
- Can be served cold, at room temperature, or warmed in an ovenproof dish tented with foil.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.